The Pima County Sheriff's Department is committed to ensuring our community has a positive and professional experience when they are in harm’s way or in crises that require the services of sworn officers of our organization. Sheriff Chris Nanos is devoted to returning the American police culture from “warriors” to “guardians” and restoring law enforcement to the worthwhile and rewarding career it is meant to be.
As a citizen, you can also be part of these efforts by becoming a member of the Citizen's Advisory Review Board. You can sign-up here.
News Coverage of Sheriff Chris Nanos' Police Reform
- DIGGING DEEPER: Pima County Sheriff Nanos asking for body cams (04/30/2021)
- Pima County Sheriff pushes for more ankle monitors to keep non-violent offenders out of jail (05/05/2021)
- Body cameras finally coming for Pima County Sheriff’s Department (05/05/2021)
- Pima Sheriff requesting body cameras (05/06/2021)
- PCSD Sheriff Nanos discusses plan for 'meaningful police reform' (05/18/2021)
- Tucson Law Enforcement: Court's Actions on cash bail require collective, urgent response (09/12/21)
- Law enforcement agencies create team to investigate officer-involved incidents (03/01/2022)
- PRCIT Active Shooter News Conference (06/15/2022)
- PCSD deputies testing body cameras (01/16/2022)
- Pima County Sheriff’s Department to have body cameras at all districts before 2023 (03/21/2022)
- County supervisors finalize jail's blue ribbon commission (02/21/2023)