The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also fill out the form in the sidebar to sign up for notifications of civilian positions as they becomes available.
Job Description: Provides complex paraprofessional administrative support to a department or specialized program and is distinguished from Administrative Support Specialist by performing more complex work with a greater degree of autonomy and, depending upon area of assignment, exercising supervision of staff. This is also distinguished from Administrative Specialist which performs professional-level administrative services, requiring the application of theoretical knowledge and expertise to specialized areas of assignment.
(1) Five years of experience performing secretarial or administrative tasks providing administrative support and coordination for a department, specialized program or small business. [An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business or public administration may substitute for two years of the required experience][A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may be substituted for four years of required experience]
(2) Three years of experience with Pima County as an Executive Administrative Assistant, Administrative Support Specialist, Personnel Assistant-Sheriff's Department, Human Resources Support Specialist or similar administrative paraprofessional classification within Pima County.
(3) Four years of experience with Pima County as an Office Support Level III, Office Support Level IV or similar clerical classification within Pima County, which included lead responsibilities.
How to Apply:
Please reference the Job Title and Job number when applying for the interested position.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 18 years of age (at time of hire)
- Be of excellent character
- U.S. Citizen or Alien Work Permit
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- No marijuana usage within one year of date of hire