The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also fill out the form in the sidebar to sign up for notifications of civilian positions as they becomes available.
Job Description - Leads and participates in the work of inmate crews providing cleaning, sanitation, general maintenance and landscaping of facilities and grounds in strict accordance with security rules and procedures. This classification is distinguished from all other Custodian classifications by its primary assignment to adult correctional facilities and its participation in inmate security supervision.
Minimum Qualifications - (1) Two years of commercial, institutional or industrial custodial experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Custodian.
(3) Two years of experience in the direct supervision of unskilled or semi-skilled workers or laborers engaged in grounds or facilities maintenance or custodial activity.
How to Apply:
Please reference the Job Title and Job number when applying for the interested position.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 18 years of age (at time of hire)
- Be of excellent character
- U.S. Citizen or Alien Work Permit
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- No marijuana usage within one year of date of hire