The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also submit a Job Interest Card and mention the civilian position you are interested in hearing about once it becomes available.
The Pima Regional SWAT Team currently has openings for tactical medics. These positions are open to any fire agency serving the unincorporated areas of Pima County.
T.E.M.S. members provide advanced lifesaving services to tactical operators, victims, bystanders and suspects within the inner tactical perimeter of a SWAT situation, where regular medical providers cannot safely operate. They act as a patient advocate for officers who are treated by other medical providers, monitor team performance considering sleep deprivation, nutritional status, and heat or cold stress. They perform medical planning for SWAT operations, direct medical training and provide medical education as needed to the team and department.
- Applicants must currently be certified Paramedics in the State of Arizona and must have been certified for at least two years. Applicants are limited to the rank of Captain or below.
- There will be an orientation day (highly recommended) on February 2, 2016 at 0800 hours at the Pima Regional Training Center located at 1001 S Rita Road. Tactical medics and SWAT Personnel will be on hand to answer any questions and provide information to anyone interested.
- Interested applicants should submit a memorandum of interest and a resume to the Pima Regional SWAT Team Commander via their agency chain of command. Once an internal executive review has been completed by the fire agency, the application should be forwarded to the SWAT Commander. Only those applicants with a positive endorsement from their agency chain of command will be considered.
- Applicants will be required to complete a physical fitness proficiency test consisting of the SWAT Obstacle Course and practical medical skills testing. The testing will take place on February 16, 2016 at 0900 hours at the Pima Regional Training Center at 10001 S. Rita Road.
- Applicants who successfully complete the obstacle course and practical medical skills testing will then go through an oral board interview. This non-structured oral board will take place February 17 and 18, 2016 at the Pima County Sheriff’s Department main office at 1750 E Benson Highway. Specific times TBD.
- Applicants will then be subject to an executive review. Passing applicants must undergo a background check conducted by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department.
Memorandums of Interest must be submitted to the SWAT Commander by close of business on Friday. February 12, 2016
How to Apply:
Candidates must apply referencing the job Requisition number before the given deadline in job posting.
External Candidates - Apply at https://www.apply2jobs.com/PimaCounty
Current Pima County employees - Apply through the Internal Career Center in the ADP/ESS Porta: https//portal.adp.com
Please see the official job announcement on the Pima County Career Center for more information. If you need assistance with your existing Career Center account (i.e. cannot remember password, etc.) please contact Pima County Human Resources at (520) 724-8028 and ask to speak to a Site Administrator.