Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed Email Subscription
Get department news and community notifications online:

I have received a traffic ticket - what do I do?

If the charge is D.U.I., Drag Racing, Reckless Driving, or Driving on a Suspended License, you must appear in Court on the appearance date listed on the complaint and go before a Judge. If you are a juvenile, a parent or guardian must accompany you.

For all other traffic offenses, you may:

  • Plead “no contest” and pay the fine. The fine may be paid in-person, by mail, or on-line at the Pima County Consolidated Justice Courts.
  • Plead “not responsible” and request a hearing. A hearing may be requested in-person or by mail at the Pima County Consolidated Justice Courts.
  • Attend a Defensive Driving Course. You must enroll on or before the Court appearance date on your traffic ticket and complete the course within 7 days prior to your listed court date.

For traffic tickets issued in Ajo, Arizona or the Green Valley area, fines and court appearances are at the following locations:

Pima County Justice Court JP#3
111 La Mina Avenue
Ajo, Arizona
(520) 387-7684

Pima County Justice Court JP#7
601 N. La Canada Drive
Green Valley, Arizona 85614
(520) 648-0658

If your ticket was issued by an agency other than the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, please refer to the issuing agency for instruction.

« Return to General Information